Your Heart Forecast – Consumer Version
This historic ‘Consumer version’ of YHF has been phased out, as of Feb 2018. – This page has been left as a historic reference to the work done in this area.
If you have interest in similar tools being created for your use, or if you want to ask about use of the Clinical – Your Heart Forecast tool, please contact Enigma.
The leading CVD Risk visualisation tool for clinicians and patients, modified for consumers. Communicating CVD Risk using a trajectory approach.
- Usable for all consumers, even without known BP / Cholesterol, uses population level data to substitute values where they are not known
- Pictorial / story board approach, easy to understand
- Generates a ‘Heart Age’
- Implements the NZ based, CVD Risk Assessment guidelines
- Evidence based, NZGG guidelines
- Created with credible partners; University of Auckland (SoPH) and Heart Foundation of NZ
- Integral within Heart Foundation of NZ’s ‘Know your Numbers’ programme
Attaining early engagement with consumers over CVD Risk is challenging. The consumer version of Your Heart Forecast can be used without clinical assistance, playing a strong part in corporate wellness or community driven health programmes.
Benefits of Your Heart Forecast (Consumer)
For Health Organisations / Corporates
- An initial intervention, prior to a full clinical risk assessment activity, to raise awareness
- A high level of intervention for those who are not within a targeted screening cohort
- A key offering in place of a simple CVD Risk assessment score – improves engagement
- Calculate a ‘Heart Age’ for each person
- Project future risk as they age
- Interactively demonstrate the effect of changing modifiable risk factors (smoking)
- Encourage healthier lifestyles within your workforce / community
- Encourage people to ‘Know Your Numbers’
For Consumers / Employees
- View your CVD risk level and category
- Understand how far from an ideal profile you currently are, expressed both graphically and also as a ‘Heart Age’
- See how your risk will vary as you age, and when you may need to start medication
- Use the ‘WHAT-IF’ section to see how you can reduce your risk, see the effect of each change
- See the difference that quitting smoking makes
- Get a personalised invitation to re-play the forecast on the Heart Foundation’s website (Know Your Numbers)
- Use Your Heart Forecast at home and talk with your family about what this means to you and the changes which you need to make
- Decide to make lifestyle changes to avoid unnecessary medication or hospitalisation